Vinegar Uses In Garden
1. Clay Pot Cleaning: Vinegar will remove the white salt buildup on old clay pots. Simply soak the affected areas in full strength vinegar.
2. Kill Grass: Undiluted vinegar will kill grass between bricks and sidewalk cracks. Simply spray where needed.
3. Kill Weeds: Spraying full strength vinegar on weeds will kill them – be careful not to spray it on the surrounding grass as it will kill that too.
4. Deter Ants: Spray vinegar around doors, appliances, and along other areas where ants are known to gather and the vinegar will keep them away.
5. Keep Cats Away: Vinegar will help keep cats away from areas you don’t want them. Sprinkle vinegar on any areas where you don’t want the cat walking, sleeping, or scratching.
6. Freshen Cut Flowers: Vinegar will help fresh cut flowers last longer. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar for each quart of water.
Courtesy of Treva