Top Women’s Gardening Overalls Ranked by Price
What should you wear when you’re working in the garden? Jeans and a top is obviously fine. However, you might want to consider getting overalls. They’re durable, protect your clothes and body, and have great pockets. Plus, they can be cute. Here is a look at why you might want them. Plus we have the best women’s gardening overalls ranked by price so you can easily choose what might be right for you.
What Are Gardening Overalls?
Gardening overalls are a type of protective clothing worn by gardeners to shield their regular clothes from dirt, stains, and potential damage while working in the garden. As with other overalls, they are a top connected to pants. The top portion may or may not have sleeves.
Gardening Overalls vs. Fashion Overalls
Obviously, you can wear whatever you want in the garden. If you already have a pair of overalls then you can use them. However, if you’re lo0king to buy new women’s gardening overalls, then you might want to look for a few features that do differ from fashion overalls.
Gardening overalls are primarily designed for practicality and protection during gardening activities. They often incorporate features specific to gardening needs, such as reinforced knees for added durability, multiple pockets for carrying tools or small gardening essentials, and adjustable straps or waistbands for a secure fit.
Gardening overalls are typically made from materials that are easy to clean and can withstand rough use. Common fabric choices include denim, canvas, or durable synthetic blends. Of course, fashion overalls might also be made from this materials, but they can sometimes be less durable since style is favored over function.
Gardening Overalls vs. Jeans or Gardening Pants
Do you really need overalls? Not necessarily. But they do offer some benefits over pants in the garden.
Gaardening overalls provide full-body coverage and protection. This means that no part of the body is exposed to dirt or potential hazards. They offer an integrated design that minimizes the risk of dirt or debris entering through the waist or back area. This makes overalls well-suited for tasks involving kneeling, bending, or working in damp conditions where extra coverage is desired.
Top Women’s Gardening Overalls Ranked by Price
We’ve rounded up some of the best women’s gardening overalls for you, in order of price. However, you definitely want to choose the pair that’s specifically right for you. Some of the things to consider as you make this purchase:
- Size and Fit: Look for overalls that offer a comfortable fit with enough room for movement without being too loose or restrictive.
- Adjustable Features: Look for overalls with adjustable straps or waistbands.
- Fabric Durability: Opt for overalls made from durable and sturdy materials that can withstand the rigors of gardening activities.
- Reinforced Knees: Consider overalls that feature reinforced knees.
- Pockets and Storage: Check for the presence of ample pockets, both on the chest and sides, to provide convenient storage for small tools, gardening gloves, or other essentials you may need while working in the garden.
- Breathability and Comfort: Look for overalls with breathable fabrics or ventilation panels to ensure comfort, especially during warm weather or extended gardening sessions.
- Ease of Care: Look for machine-washable overalls that can be easily cared for and can withstand frequent washing without losing their quality.
- Design and Style: While functionality is important, you may also consider the design and style that appeals to you. Women’s gardening overalls often come in various colors, patterns, or styles, allowing you to choose an option that reflects your personal taste and preferences.
Dickies Womens Women’s Temp-iq® Ripstop Bib Overalls ~$50
This is one of the more affordable options for women’s gardening overalls. Note that you can find cheaper overalls, even around $20. However, they tend to only offer fashion and not function. You won’t find the durable fabric, reinforced knees, and many pockets that you need for functional overalls in the garden.
These are designed for you to actually use them. They’re made with a unique custom fabric that has built-in sunscreen and temperature control. Moreover, you can roll up the legs and snap them into capri shorts as needed. The straps are elastic. The knees have patches with an opening to add knee pads. Pockets include a tool dividing large front pocket and flap cargo pockets.
You can get them on Amazon here.
Rosie’s Workwear for Women Classic Overalls ~$85
Women’s bodies are different than men’s. So are their workwear needs. That’s why small business Rosie’s Workwear for Women is all about. They listen to their customers about what needs to be different for functionality and form in women’s gardening overalls and other workwear. Then they adapt accordingly, resulting in high quality products.
These are stain-resistant, breathable, durable cotton overalls. They’ve been double-stitched to enhance that durability. They come with elastic straps, adjustable side buttons, and 11 pockets. Plus, a bonus feature: the pant legs can zip right off into shorts during hot weather if you don’t need your knees protected!
You can pick up a pair on Amazon here.
Women’s Heirloom Gardening Bib Overalls by Duluth Trading ~$90
Duluth Trading offers some of the best women’s gardening overalls that you’re going to find. It’s a great place to shop. They have shortalls and coveralls as well. But of them all, this is a top choice. Features include:
- Their customized tough but lightweight fabric that easily “sheds stubborn stains like ground-in grass.”
- Stretch to help you with bending thanks to a small percentage of spandex.
- Durable hardware details
- “A Crouch Gusset® lets you kneel without constriction.”
- Double-chapped legs and double-layer knees designed to be waterproof
- 12 pockets!
These overalls are actually pretty nice. You can pick up a good copy here.
Patagonia’s Women’s All Seasons Hemp Canvas Bib Overalls ~$120
If you are about sustainability and fair trade, then you might want to invest in these women’s gardening overalls. They’re made from a combination of hemp, organic cotton canvas, and recycled polyester. They’re lightweight and comfortable but very durable. They are made in Sri Lanka and are Fair Trade Certified sewn.
- Adjustable suspenders and waist for very custom fit
- Deep front and back pockets reinforced to carry heavy garden tools
- Double-fabric knees that also have a bottom opening to insert additional knee pads as needed
These are an overall attractive and well constructed pair of overalls. The best place to get them is at Patagonia.com, here.
Dovetail Workwear Freshley Overalls for Women ~$120
This the most expensive overall in the list, but its worth it. Amazon describes these as “a stretchy, wearable toolbox,” thanks in no small part to the thirteen pockets these overalls have including a zip pocket. They’re made from stretch canvas, designed for women’s bodies, and come in a few different weights (varies by color). They have a crotch gusset, reinforced knees, slots for knee pads and “finish with a tough cuff to prevent fraying.” Basically, this overall is high end, but offers a really terrific comfort and durability.
You can pick it up on Amazon.com here.